Pool & Playground Information
Pool & playground information
Reserving Pool Time **All members must set up a new account for 2021**
2021 Pool Scheduling Information:
- 2021 ALP Swim Meet Schedule – No ALPS program during 2021 due to COVID
- 2021 Pre Season Pool Schedule – Pre-season opening weather permitting June 12, regular season June 28.
- Swimming Lesson & Parents & Tots Schedule Session 1 – June 28
- Swim Team, Synchro & Leader Groups
Pool Program Registration and Recreational Swimming
All 2021 Pool Junior programming is now closed due to the number of registrations.
We apologize if you couldn’t register in time. Please email email@example.com if you would like to be put on a wait list for any of our programs.
POOL INFORMATION – June 7th, 2021 Update
PRE-SEASON RECREATIONAL SWIMMING
- Saturday June 12 and Sunday June 13 – 13h00-13h45 senior swim, 14h00-18h00 open swim
- Monday June 14 through Friday June 18 – 14h00-14h45 senior swim, 15h00-18h00 open swim.
- Saturday June 19 and Sunday June 20 – 13h00-13h45 senior swim, 14h00-18h00 open swim.
The pre-season schedule is governed by the weather conditions.
Please consult the google calendar on the HYC website for future updates.
POOL INFORMATION – May 28th, 2021 Update
The preparation of the pool for the 2021 season is well underway with a planned June 12th pre-season opening date, weather permitting. Free swim and lap swim will be offered, with preseason hours of operation to follow shortly. Omnify bookings will be made available starting June 7th.
Signup for programming will be available starting June 1st -CLOSED .
The recreational swim periods will be governed by the same online registration process we used last year (Omnify) with the hope of being able to allow a similar capacity as last year. Sessions will again run in one-hour blocks, with the first 45 mins for swimming, and the remaining 15 mins used to disinfect all surfaces before the following session begins. Members may select one block per day each week. When blocks are not full, members may enter the pool area on a ‘walk-up’ basis until we have reached our maximum capacity. The posting of a yellow flag at the pool entrance indicates that the maximum capacity has been reached while a blue flag shows that space is available. Members should note that during this period of restricted availability access to the pool is for members only. Registration for the first portion of the pre-season schedule will open June 7th.
We plan on offering swim lessons, swim team and synchro in a similar format to last year. We also plan on offering parents and tots in addition to leaders if a minimal level of interest is reached. Any programming offered this summer will be in full accordance with the requirements laid out by the Quebec Government regarding COVID safety.
There will be four sessions each two weeks in length beginning June 28th and concluding August 22nd. Lessons will all be taught in a group format, respecting all COVID 19 guidelines. For children in levels Animals – Level 3, parents must accompany their children in the water at all times. Registration for session one will begin June 1st and close June 4th. Applications will be accepted on a first-come first-serve basis, with limited spots available. Those who do not manage to get their first option will be given priority for the next session.
To sign up, please rank your preferences from 1-5 for the following 5 sessions.
- Weekday Session 1 (June 28-July 9)
- Weekday Session 2 (July 12-July 23)
- Weekday Session 3 (July 26-August 6)
- Weekday Session 4 (August 9-August 20)
- Weekend Session (once a week from June 28/29-August 21/22)
Lessons may be held between 9h00 and 13h00 Monday through Friday. They are also offered on weekend mornings (once a week for 8 weeks). All lesson sessions are 30 minutes long. Once the registration has been completed the members will be contacted and provided the schedule information.
The swim team is divided into age group categories: 8, 9-10, 11-12, 13 and over. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer under 8 swim team and guppies this summer. Training sessions are held Monday through Friday between 10h00 and 13h00. The schedule will be determined once registration has been completed and the participants will be contacted. Swim team sessions run in 30–45-minute sessions and are 3-4 times per week depending on age group.
An orientation session will be held on June 25th and the full training program will begin June 28th.
Offered on weekend mornings (Saturday and Sundays), for 45 min-1 hour sessions, similar to last summer’s model.
PARENTS AND TOTS
Offered once a week for 1 hour, exact dates to be confirmed. Limited spots are available. Will only be offered with minimum signup.
This program teaches leadership skills and how to apply them to volunteering and social activities. Offered once a week for 1 hour, exact dates to be confirmed. Limited spots are available. Will only be offered with minimum signup. Ages 10+
No information for aquafit at this time. More to follow in the coming days.
At the present time the following programs will not be running for the 2021 season:
Masters, Water polo, Bronze Medallion, and Bronze Cross
|Group swimming lessons (weekday)||$100 (per 2-week session, 10 classes)|
|Group swimming lessons (weekend)||$80 (8 weeks)|
|Swim team (8, 9/10)||$90 (8 weeks)|
|Swim team (11/12, 13 and over)||$120 (8 weeks)|
|Synchronized swimming||$96 (8 weeks)|
|Parents and Tots||$80 (8 weeks)|
|Leaders||$50 (8 weeks)|
We will not be offering pool passes this summer.
- Telephone registrations are NOT accepted.
- Registration Opens: JUNE 1, 2021 at noon-Closed
- All registration forms must be completed and handed in no later than June 4, 2021
- Due to the success of many of our programs, registration will be available only on a 1st come 1st served basis WITH EXTREMELY LIMITED AVAILABILTY DUE COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS.
- After this date, we cannot guarantee availability in programs and a $20.00 per program late fee will apply.
- Junior Swimming Programs – Online Registration form – will be posted JUNE 1 AT NOON.-Closed
- Adult Programs (Aquafit) Online Registration Form – TBA
- Playground Program Information – TBA
- DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS THE HYC PLAYGROUND WILL NOT BE OPEN FOR 2021
- The Playground officially opens: N/A
- A Playground Animator will be on duty weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to coordinate games and activities.
- All junior members are encouraged to participate. However, a parent or guardian must accompany children under the age of 7 and members are responsible for their children at all times.
Questions or Comments
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything related to the Pool & Playground areas, please email our Lifeguards as of MAY 28TH to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your email will be acknowledged within 24 hrs.
Parents are reminded that they should not be speaking to coaches while they are conducting lessons.
Hudson Yacht Club
10 Yacht Club Road
Fax: (450) 458-5141